Thursday 23 February 2012

The Irony of Life

Have spent the week dying........okay, slight exaggeration...........suffering with a horrible head cold!.. (origins unknown - but I have my list of suspects). Unfortunately, I don't do ILL very well and certainly not graciously. Always feels slightly as if it's a weakness and I have succumbed.


However.....in among my sufferings and losing gallons of fluid via my nose (and the wondrous reality of knowing that when this little delight passes me by....my old best friend the cold sore will no doubt come to visit and stay with me a further ten days or so...... usually placed strategically, half way up my nose!) I realized something almost profound....


Racked with cold, and with a head that seems to weigh a ton with all the fluid retention .....I realized that facially.....I actually look better than I have done in a while (years to be truthful!). The extraneous fluid has plumped up my contours and wrinkles and filled in those  lines and my face looks smooth and much younger.    So does snot rock?  No...associated symptoms outweigh the benefits.....but it is nice to know...that whilst I feel like I'm dying....I'm actually looking pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment