Friday 24 February 2012

Sally's Friday Favourites

Well personally this week has been a hard slog....as I have been dying.....okay slight exaggeration.....only slight though as I have had an awful head cold......and I don't do ill graciously or well so make it worse for myself. Found this delightful picture, which summed up how I felt even if, hopefully, I didn't look quite this bad!
Mind you...can now feel the side's of my nose eroding after constant wiping and a cold sore may be making it's way there as we speak....so could look this bad...shortly! Watch this space! Being ill did give me space to reflect a little - as living in my head seemed the only possibility as lifting it for manual work was too painful! I found this lovely quote, which meant something personal to me and inspired me as I move forward with my life.
As the weather improved this week and the sun shone....it was so beautiful to see it and feel some warmth...my thoughts turned to the garden....it is a jungle out there with a whole host of dead stuff that needs to be removed. There was one live yellow crocus which I was very excited to find, and then promptly took a step backwards and trod on it.....don't think it is going to survive....broken stem (guess that's equivalent to our neck)! R.I.P Yellow Crocus. Noting that gardening is not my strong point, I sat and dreamt of a hunky gardener coming in to sort it all out, so that in the summer, I could sit out there with friends (in a delightful floaty frock of course) and have a drink as the sun goes down - may even invite the gardener back...seems quite nice from the photo!  Being slightly more realistic....was thinking of where, in this large garden, we could have a bonfire to dispose of all the debris - I do love a good bonfire - but despite it's size, couldn't really think of anywhere that we would not be in danger of setting fire to something else......like the house!  Oh well, gardener it is then :)


No comments:

Post a Comment